Genuinely proud of our ethos, we seek to be a community school where all understand and can shape our ethos together. Our ethos can be summed up in the strapline: Community-Achievement-Growth.
- We are proud of who we are and where we come from;
- Families locally deserve the very best education for their children;
- We believe the school is stronger if we build strong links with parents, local government and community partners;
- We are individuals and recognise and respect each other’s talents and backgrounds;
- Our school is a positive, secure and happy environment where everyone has a voice.
- We are ambitious for the success of all students;
- We are committed to enabling every young person to flourish and progress, regardless of their starting point;
- We seek to instil a pride in hard work;
- We are committed to the highest standards of teaching and Learning;
- We publicly reward and recognise effort and success
- We are committed to providing challenging and memorable experiences in school;
- Our young people are expected to show honesty and respect with peers and teachers;
- They are encouraged to be proud of themselves, shown by high standards of behaviour and involvement in school life;
- We want them to show courage, take new challenges in their stride and be strong leaders;
- We believe that a willingness to learn from mistakes creates persistent and determined students who then develop into confident learners.